It’s not always easy to navigate the road to your dreams, sometimes dotted with mountains to climb, obstacles to be overcome, and hard times that make you feel like quitting. Just remember this if you get lost along the way: it’s not easy to get anything worth it. Therefore, don’t turn back. Don’t surrender.
Push yourself to continue moving forward with these 15 motivational quotes as you work to achieve your most ambitious goals.
1. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” —Norman Vincent Peale
2. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” —Walt Disney
3. “Where there is a will, there is a way. If there is a chance in a million that you can do something, anything, to keep what you want from ending, do it. Pry the door open or, if need be, wedge your foot in that door and keep it open.” —Pauline Kael
4. “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” —George Herbert
5. “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” —George Whitefield
6. “Why should you continue going after your dreams? Because seeing the look on the faces of the people who said you couldn’t… will be priceless.” —Kevin Ngo
7. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” —Harriet Beecher Stow
8. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” —Arthur Ashe
9. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” —Sam Levenson
10. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” —W. Clement Stone
11. “We aim above the mark to hit the mark.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals.” —Michael Korda
13. “Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” —Simone de Beauvoir
14. “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” —Babe Ruth